Q: How Does The Ambulance Service Membership "Ambulance Club" Work?
A: Your ambulance membership begins on January 1st of the current year and expires on December 31st. Any memberships received after July 1st are prorated to $20.00 and expire on December 31st.
Q: Does My Membership Cover Care and Transport Provided by Another EMS Service?
A: No. Although Grantley Fire & EMS provides service 24 hours a day, seven days per week to our community, there are times when this is not possible due to being on another emergency call. If we cannot provide service to you, the closest available ambulance will be sent to render emergency care to you. You will be billed by that service. Grantley Fire & EMS Ambulance Service will not be responsible for costs associated with care provided by any other EMS or fire department service.
Q: What Are The Details of the Residential Subscription ("Ambulance Club" Membership)?
A: 1. The subscription entitles those persons covered to emergency ambulance service provided by Grantley Ambulance when equipment and personnel are available within our first response area. Emergency ambulance service must be requested by call 9-1-1.
2. Subscriptions cover husband, wife, and all children under the age of 21 living at home. Exception: single children over the age of 21 living at home and attending an accredited school of higher education shall be covered under this subscription.
3. NOT Covered: Routine transportation service of a non-emergency nature, oxygen, lift assists, and refusals. This subscription does not cover Advanced Life Support Services provided by hospital medical units.
4. Memberships are accepted year round, however after July 1st, memberships will be prorated to $20.00
5. Persons who reside at the same address but are not dependants will require their own memberships. You may obtain an additional form by calling 845-4114 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also download and print the membership form available on this website and mail it to the fire station with payment enclosed.
6. Grantley Fire & EMS Ambulance Service reserves the right to third party bill your insurance carrier. Being a subscriber exempts you from paying what your carrier does not. Medicare patients must pay deductibles as required.
7. To reassure continuation of coverage, renewals should be submitted on or before January 1st, however memberships will be gratefully accepted at any time.
back to the top of this page